domingo, 21 de novembro de 2021

Música do BioTerra: Julian Cope- An Elegant Chaos


Busy at home
I was happy for a while
But the joke is over
Looking down
At the carefully laid out infamy
Take a scythe, take a scythe,
To the rotting core
Of man-vegetaton
Now I sigh
At the cool cool attitude to ignorance
The look in your eye
When you gave this to me
Just put me on my guard
In this elegant chaos
I stand to one side
Shouting "ha"
Was I forced into this?
Or was it given to me?
It's a nice idea -
As a gift
Or as something to try for a while
70 years?
It's neither one thing nor the other
My big fear
Is to dig it at last
And have it taken away
The look in your eyes
When you gave this to me
Just put me on my guard
In this elegant chaos
I stand to one side
It's not a problem of secrecy
I take it in my stride
Did I learn to breathe to be killed like this?
Faces to the glass
I see them televise my death
Oh, and here comes the part
Where I break down and cry.
People I see
Just remind me of mooing
Like a cow on the grass
And that's not to say
That there's anything wrong
With being a cow anyway
But people are people
With the added advantage
Of the spoken word
We're getting on fine
But I feel more of a man
When I get with the herd.

Sem comentários: