domingo, 19 de setembro de 2021

Música do BioTerra: Brendan Perry - Song to the Siren


Brendan Perry dos Dead Can Dance interpreta "Song to the Siren" de Tim Buckley (também famosa por This Mortal Coil e cantada por Elizabeth Fraser)

Long afloat on shipless oceans 
I did all my best to smile 
'Til your singing eyes and fingers 
Drew me loving to your isle 
And you sang 
Sail to me, sail to me 
Let me enfold you 
Here I am, here I am 
Waiting to hold you

Did I dream you dreamed about me ? 
Were you hare when I was fox ? 
Now my foolish boat is leaning 
Broken lovelorn on your rocks 
For you sing 
'Touch me not, touch me not 
Come back tomorrow 
Oh my heart, oh my heart 
Shies from the sorrow'

I am puzzled as the oyster 
I am troubled as the tide 
Should I stand amid your breakers ? 
Or should I lie with death my bride ? 
Hear me sing 
'Swim to me, swim to me 
Let me enfold you 
Here I am, here I am 
Waiting to hold you'

Ao vivo

Outras versões

Sem comentários: