"O egoísmo pessoal, o comodismo, a falta de generosidade, as pequenas cobardias do quotidiano, tudo isto contribui para essa perniciosa forma de cegueira mental que consiste em estar no mundo e não ver o mundo, ou só ver dele o que, em cada momento, for susceptível de servir os nossos interesses."~José Saramago
Facts and figures:
1. Almost 21 million people are victims of forced labour – 11.4 million women and girls and 9.5 million men and boys.
2. Almost 19 million victims are exploited by private individuals or enterprises and over 2 million by the state or rebel groups.
3. Of those exploited by individuals or enterprises, 4.5 million are victims of forced sexual exploitation.
4. Forced labour in the private economy generates US$ 150 billion in illegal profits per year.
5. Domestic work, agriculture, construction, manufacturing and entertainment are among the sectors most concerned.
6. Migrant workers and indigenous people are particularly vulnerable to forced labour.
Conheça e participe na Campanha 50 for freedom
2012 Global Estimate of Forced Labour